My Lunch At Made's Warung

Map: 10 minutes driving from The Green Zhurga to Warung Made Seminyak

After our enjoyable massage at Jari Menari, it was time for lunch. We did not intend to travel too far and so we settled for this famous restaurant called Made's Warung.

Located at Jalan Seminyak, which was just down the road from Jari Menari, Made's Warung was actually established way back in 1969 as a roadside stall and since then became a cosmopolitan restaurant and a social meeting venue for expats and tourists alike.



There were actually two outlets - one in Seminyak where we went, and the other one in Kuta near to Hard Rock Hotel.



The decor was quite interesting here although I did not take many photos!



I had wanted to try Bali coffee since the very first day I touched down in Bali, but did not have the chance to do so. And so when I saw there's Bali coffee in the menu, I immediately ordered it!



I am not a huge fan of coffee, but I was not impressed with this Bali coffee. I think I have drank better coffee elsewhere!

They have Western, Japanese, Indonesian and specific Balinese food on the menu (quite an extensive variety I would say!) but we decided to go for Indonesian food.

We each ordered a plate of Nasi Campur (mixed rice).



And in addition to that, we ordered a plate of Nasi Goreng (fried rice) ...



Curry chicken (or is that beef? Can't remember!)



and Gado gado (vegetables in peanut sauce)



I would say the food here was pretty average, nothing that would make me want to come back for more. I did like the gado gado though - maybe because I am a sucker for peanut sauce, haha!

The price was also slightly on the higher side, though still pretty reasonable.

But one thing I liked was their wide varieties of keropok (crackers)!



I bungkus (take-away) quite a few packets of keropok but not before trying each of those keropok first! It's a good thing they allowed me to sample the keropoks!

Would I return to this restaurant if I ever go to Bali again? Probably not, but then again I would still recommend it if you have never dined here before.

Source: http://www.foongpc.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

10 Popular Pages

 
Copyright © 2012, The Green Zhurga Suites. All Rights Reserved | Exclusive Pool Garden Suites | Seminyak Accommodation Booking Online
Design from Web Design | Website Source